Board of Directors
1) PCPC is pleased to announce that there are a few more NEW (and updated) policies and procedures available on the Members’ Only section of our website!
- Fire Safety Plan – NEW
- Written Process for Monitoring Compliance and Contravention Policy – Revised
- Individualized Support Plan Policy – NEW
2) 2017 AODA Compliance Reports – Every three years, non-profits and businesses with 20 or more employees need to complete a report with the Ontario Government confirming their compliance with the AODA. In an effort to streamline this process, there are now just 3 steps:
- Download the Accessibility Compliance Reporting Form
- Complete the form by answering the questions relevant to your organization’s size and type
- Submit your completed form, after which you will receive a confirmation email that includes an accessible PDF copy of your report for your files
- Note: You will need your organization’s legal name, business number, and the name and contact information of your certifier (a director or senior officer with legal authority to say that the report is complete and accurate)
Changes to your organization’s information? Notify the government of any changes to your organization (change in address, change in primary contact information, etc.)
Compliance reporting questions? Contact Service Ontario: 1.866.515.2025/ TTY: 1.800.268.7095 or 416.325.3408
3) Federal Budget 2017: Liberals extend parental leave to 18 months, boost childcare funding – This article written by Erica Alini explains how in a budget that contained little additional spending and a few new measures, there was a fair bit of change for Canadian families. Click here to learn what’s new…
4) 2017 Canadian Federal Budget – How will it affect the Canadian charitable sector? – Click here to read this article written by Mark Blumberg and Kate Robertson (March 22, 2017)… For information relating to ‘Supporting Families Through Early Learning and Child Care’, please focus of page 11 and 12 of this document.
5) Board Oversight of Not-For-Profit Evaluation: Questions for Directors to Ask — Directors of Not-for-profit organizations play a key role in ensuring that their organization’s program evaluation process is done well and generates useful, credible information that informs decision-making. Board Oversight of Not-for-Profit Program Evaluation: Questions for Directors to Ask offers directors the information and tools they need to fulfill their governance role in program evaluation.
6) The Toronto Kiwanis Club has turned 100 years old, and they are celebrating! – The Toronto Kiwanis Club is celebrating this milestone by awarding 100 grants of $2,500 each to organizations focused on serving children and youth, plus every approved application has the chance to be awarded an additional $40,000 as a Community Achievement Award! To learn more about this award visit their website please or to check out the Grant Announcement please click here
7) Attention Toronto Centres! – $2.5B Daycare Plan Could Serve Half of Toronto’s Young Children. This article written by Laurie Monsebraaten and presented by the Toronto Star outlines how a move to ensure promised federal and provincial childcare money meets the needs of local families, a new city report calls on all 3 levels of government to fund an additional 30,000 licensed spaces in Toronto and cut parent fees by at least 25 per cent over the next 10 year.
8) As the spring rolls in Centres are having open houses and looking for enrolment for the upcoming year. The Members’ section of the PCPC website, has a Sample Registration Package and a Marketing Committee Power Point with loads of ideas.
9) With some Centres closing for the summer break in just a matter of a few months, you might be on the road to signing contracts, updating Personnel Handbooks, perhaps even hiring… remember that the PCPC website is full of information to help you with this and many other tasks!
10) PCPC wants to remind you about the FREE Job Posting service that we offer to our members. This FREE service will allow you to reach over 8600 email addresses (right here in Ontario) with your job posting – a great way to find that new member for your team! Please contact us so that we can get your job posting out to our email database and you can find that new employee!
1) Do You Have Any Recommendations? PCPC always has Centres looking for recommendations for companies and/or individuals that can help them out with bookkeeping, auditing, fundraising, etc. If you have any recommendations that you would like to pass along we would greatly appreciate it. All recommendations can be emailed to Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director.
2) The PCPC Purchasing Program continues to provide outstanding discounts for Centres and their members.
Don’t forget to check our members’ only section of the website for information on all the companies included in our Purchasing Program. Discounts are available to all our members, for purchases for the centre and personal use as well.
Note: This year the Co-op Cost Cutters mailing will be smaller in order to reduce their carbon footprint. They invite you to visit the Co-op Cost Cutters website to find out about the great companies in the program and what they offer. The website will highlight suppliers and feature specials throughout the year!
3) Great FREE Resources! ACN Latitudes (Association for Comprehensive Neurotherapy) has hundreds of FREE printable behaviour charts that they have created as a resource to help parents and teachers improve child behaviours.
4) PCPC sends out to the general child care sector in Ontario a variety of paid ads however, we have chosen not to overload our members with their information several times a week.
Instead, we will list in the body of the e newsletters activity during the current and past month and if you wish further information on the products/services, please contact PCPC for their flyer.
- University of Guelph-Humber — email@example.com
- High Peaks Plaground Consulting — www.highpeaks.ca
- Lenny Graf — www.lennygraf.com
- Seneca College: Intro to Forest School and Nature Play Workshops – Fran.Defilippis@senecacollege.ca
- Yoga 4 Kids — www.yoga4kids.org
Have you read a great article lately that you think others would enjoy? Let us know and we can share it on our Facebook page!
As always, if you have any questions at any time please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
Strengthening the partnership between teachers and parents in childcare since 1974
Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director