Time is flying! February has ended and we are already into March…and with the changes in weather we are seeing lots of changes we would like to share!
Thank you for everyone who replied back to our last mailing so we can try and ensure we are connecting to all of our members! We are continuing to use Mailchimp to send our emails to our member group- these can also be forwarded to other Board members or families who you thing would benefit from hearing from PCPC and they can request to be added to our mailing list.
Because of the delays the email issues caused we are sending out this e-newsletter now and will send another towards the end of March. If there is anything you would like to see fro PCPC please let us know! We are always looking for great information to share with our members.
A reminder as well that PCPC closes during March Break so if you reach out to PCPC next week you may experience a delay in our response.
The PCPC Board and staff would like to wish all of our Member Centres a restful and relaxing March Break!
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten– Get the latest research on Full Day Kindergarten here.
- Still have questions about Bill 148: Check out the ONN FAQs here.
- How Social-Emotional Learning Can Help Challenging Behaviour – an article written by Amanda Munday, gives an insight on how Social-Emotional Learning can help with the challenging behaviours we face as parents and teachers. here.
- Need to attract new families to your centre: Why not host an Open House for your centre? Spring is a great time to start planning an Open House. Hi Mama’s “Preschool Open House Ideas to Attract Families” by Savannah Copland has some useful tips and ideas for your centre here. The member section of the PCPC website: www.pcpcontario.org/members has a Sample Registration package and a Marketing Committee Power Point with loads of ideas..
- PCPC wants to remind you about the FREE Job Posting service that we offer to our members. This service will allow you to reach over 8600 email addresses (right here in Ontario) with your job posting – a great way to find that new member for your team! Please contact us so that we can get your job posting out to our email database and you can find that new employee!
- Seneca College School of Early Childhood Education is offering a Forest and Nature Workshop: Click on the link for more info:
Seneca Alumni (discount for Alumni)
Regular Registration for Non-Seneca Alumni
- Do You Have Any Recommendations? PCPC always has Centres looking for recommendations for companies and/or individuals that can help them out with bookkeeping, auditing, fundraising, etc. If you have any recommendations that you would like to pass along we would greatly appreciate it. All recommendations can be emailed to Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director.
- The PCPC Purchasing Program continues to provide outstanding discounts for Centres and their members.
Don’t forget to check our ‘members’ only section’ of the website for information on all the companies included in our Purchasing Program. Discounts are available to all our members, for purchases for the centre and personal use as well. Your centre should be receiving a mailing from them soon with more information- watch the mailbox for that!
- PCPC sends out to the general child care sector in Ontario a variety of paid ads however, we have chosen not to overload our members with their information several times a week.
Instead, we will list in the body of the e newsletters activity during the current and past month and if you wish further information on the products/services, please contact PCPC for their flyer.
Have you read a great article lately that you think others would enjoy? Let us know and we can share it on our Facebook page! Our Facebook page has many informative articles to read, as well as many great activities and crafts to do with children – definitely worth checking out!
As always, if you have any questions at any time please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.