Greetings PCPC Members!
Things to watch for from PCPC in June:
- April & May have been busy months as we have been calling all of our members to see how things are going and to discuss our resources. If you haven’t been able to connect with us yet, please feel free to shoot us a quick email so we can connect
- In April & May we also had emailed out all the renewal invoices for our next membership season. If you need to discuss your invoice or if you hadn’t received one, please contact Shannon, PCPC s Executive Director at email@example.com.
- Reminder that the codes for the PCPC website will change as of July 1st. Ensure you have your membership renewal in to us by June 29th to avoid a late fee and to ensure there is no interruption in your service.
- Some centres are getting ready to close for the summer but PCPC remains open during the summer months. It may take an extra day or so for replies depending on our staff’s vacation plans but feel free to continue to reach out to us during the summer. If there is something that your staff or board are looking for, we are here to help!*
The PCPC Board and Staff would like to wish the families and staff at all our member centres a relaxing & safe summer.
- During our conversations with our members, we had touched base about the the Bill 148 tipsheet which was created. It has now been uploaded to our website. Log into the PCPC website in order to access the tipsheet.
- Still have questions about Bill 148? Visit the ONN FAQ’s page at www.theonn.ca. If you haven’t checked out the free webinars yet, you can access them if you Click here
- Carters Charity & NFP Webinar Series Carters will be continuing to hold its Spring 2018 Webinar Series to assist charities and not-for-profits with current and essential legal issues. These complimentary one hour webinars provided a detailed and practical explanation. Past topics can be replayed from their site and you can register for upcoming webinars. Coming up June 13th is “Drafting Bylaws- Pitfalls to Avoid”. For more details, to view or to register check out Carters
- Childcare in Politics If you have had the news on at all over the last month you would hear that political parties all have a lot to say about childcare. While speaking with centres this spring, this has been on the minds of many of our members as they wonder how this will affect their centres. Here are links to some articles that discuss what is being proposed by the different parties. Of course, until they start rolling things out, nothing will be known for sure, but PCPC will continue to read what is being said and share what we are hearing with you. This submission was part of an article on the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario. This one is from CTV news and speaks to the plans for the 3 main parties as well..
- Looking for Professional Development, Training & Workshops? ECCDD offers workshops in western Ontario as well as in the Toronto area. Check out their website here to see what is being offered and the costs.
- Attract new families to your centre Spring is a great time to start planning an Open House. The member section of the PCPC website pcpontario.org has a Sample Registration package and a Marketing Committee PowerPoint with loads of ideas.
- PCPC is looking for you! PCPC is looking for new Board members to join our Board! We meet via a teleconference a few times a year to discuss PCPC, our financials, what we are doing, and how we can better assist our members. We have had a dedicated group of Board members stick with us over the years but we would love to have some new members join us to help bring ideas to the table! If you would like more information please contact our Executive Director, Shannon Stephens, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Cleaning Does your PCPC website need some updating? Remember you have semi-annual updates available to you, free of charge, with the PCPC Webmaster Ken Simons. Please contact our wonderful webmaster Ken Simons to help make any changes you require: email@example.com. If you don’t already have a website with PCPC and are considering making changes to your current site, contact PCPC for a quote!
- Do You Have Any Recommendations? PCPC always has Centres looking for recommendations for companies and/or individuals that can help them out with bookkeeping, auditing, fundraising, etc. If you have any recommendations that you would like to pass along we would greatly appreciate it. All recommendations can be emailed to Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PCPC Purchasing Program continues to provide outstanding discounts for Centres and their members. Don’t forget to check our ‘member s only section’ of the website for information on all the companies included in our Purchasing Program. Discounts are available to all our members (which include Staff, Board Members and Parents alike) for purchases for the centre and personal use as well. Recently Grand & Toy sent out a mailing to each centre which talks about the products they provide at a discount to PCPC members. One of the comments Jeremy shares with our members in his letter is that “While your individual needs may be small, there are hundreds of eligible co-ops across Ontario and other provinces whose combined purchasing power drives the discounts we are able to offer. The more who take advantage of the program, the more we can keep prices low and potentially offer further discounts.” If you did not receive this mailing or would like more information, contact PCPC and we will connect you with their representative, Jeremy Pletcher.
- *PCPC sends out to the general child care sector in Ontario a variety of paid ads however, we have chosen not to overload our members with their information several times a week.
Instead, we will list in the body of the e newsletters some of the activity during the current and past month and if you wish further information on the products/services, please contact PCPC for their flyer.
Do you know that PCPC has a Facebook page? We try to post a variety items including articles for ECEs and parents, and ideas for the classroom*.
Have you read a great article lately that you think others would enjoy? Let us know and we can share it on our Facebook page!
Our Facebook page has many informative articles to read, as well as many great activities and crafts to do with children definitely worth checking out!
As always, if you have any questions at any time please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com at your convenience.