An E-newsletter Just for You!
PCPC Members: Supervisors and Early Childhood Educators
1) PCPC is pleased to announce that there are a few more NEW (and updated) policies and procedures available on the Members’ Only section of our website!
- Fire Safety Plan — NEW
- Written Process for Monitoring Compliance and Contravention Policy — Revised
- Individualized Support Plan Policy — NEW
- Staffing: Reduced Ratios Policy — NEW
- Addressing Parent Issues and Concerns Policy — NEW
2) Great FREE Resources! — ACN Latitudes (Association for Comprehensive Neurotherapy) has hundreds of FREE printable behaviour charts that they have created as a resource to help parents and teachers improve child behaviours.
3) The Importance of Play in Early Childhood Education Programming — Integrating free play time into your early childhood education programming in beneficial not only for children’s development, but for improving performance in academic activities as well. Click here to read this article by Ron Spreeuwenberg and presented by HiMama.
4) Benefits of Natural Playgrounds for Child Development — Read this article by Katelyn Vickers and presented by HiMama, explains how natural playgrounds for preschools and child care programs are a growing trend for a reason, and how studies show that they aid children in a number of dimensions.
5) 5 Steps for More Effective Communication with Parents — This article written by Amanda Munday and presented by HiMama gives a list of tips to consider how to develop an open communication relationship with the families in your Centre! By ensuring that you communicate clearly, you make it easier for you, your staff and families to support one another in providing the best possible care to the children.
6) Are you looking for children’s songs that celebrate diversity and foster inclusion? — Then check out the FREE Waldo the Duck Children’s Song Package offered by Reaching IN…Reaching OUT! The song package includes:
- ‘Waldo the Duck’ musical story
- ‘We Can All Be Part of the Team’ sing-a-long song (ages 3-7)
- 15-page resource booklet (lyrics, discussion tips, pictures and more)
7) PCPC wants to remind you about the FREE Job Posting service that we offer to our members. This service will allow you to reach over 8600 email addresses (right here in Ontario) with your job posting — a great way to find that new member for your team! Please contact us so that we can get your job posting out to our email database and you can find that new employee!
8) Do You Have Any Recommendations? PCPC always has Centres looking for recommendations for companies and/or individuals that can help them out with bookkeeping, auditing, fundraising, etc. If you have any recommendations that you would like to pass along we would greatly appreciate it. All recommendations can be emailed to Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director.
9) The PCPC Purchasing Program continues to provide outstanding discounts for Centres and their members.
Don’t forget to check our members’ only section of the website for information on all the companies included in our Purchasing Program. Discounts are available to all our members, for purchases for the centre and personal use as well.
10) PCPC sends out to the general child care sector in Ontario a variety of paid ads however, we have chosen not to overload our members with their information several times a week. Should you want to be added to our email lists just let us know. The options are to receive all ADS which include job postings and ADS relevant to the child care sector. Or you can be added to a list specifically for either of those. This is open to non PCPC members as well so if you know someone who can benefit by being added, feel free to let them know.
For those members not on our paid ads lists, instead, we will list in the body of the e newsletters activity during the current and past month and if you wish further information on the products/services, please contact PCPC for their flyer.
- University of Guelph-Humber — email@example.com
- High Peaks Plaground Consulting — www.highpeaks.ca
- Childlife.ca — www.childlife.ca/
- Lenny Graf — www.lennygraf.com/
- Seneca College: Intro to Forest School and Nature Play Workshops — Fran.Defilippis@senecacollege.ca
- Yoga 4 Kids — www.yoga4kids.org/
Facebook: PCPC — www.facebook.com/ParentCoOperativePreschoolCorporationPcpc
Have you read a great article lately that you think others would enjoy? Let us know and we can share it on our Facebook page !
Our Facebook page has many informative articles to read, as well as many great activities and crafts to do with children — definitely worth checking out!
As always, if you have any questions at any time please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
Strengthening the partnership between teachers and parents in childcare since 1974
Shannon Stephens, PCPC Executive Director